Categories
Blog

Vietnam masters rice-seed production technology


Vietnam
can regulate as much as 70.2 percent of seed production generation, with 90 %
for purebred rice and 66 % for hybrid rice. The figures have been launched by
way of Pham Ngoc Ly, deputy normal director of Vinaseed (Vietnam National Seed
Corporation), who presided over the analysis mission which assessed the current
situation, technological capability and insist for generation renovation in
hybrid rice breeding in the north and central coastal spaces.

The
venture is part of the nationwide program on era renovation through 2020, some
of the science & era systems applied by the Ministry of Science &
Technology (MST).

“Vietnam
can master the rice seed production technology. However, while the production
of purebred seeds can satisfy domestic demand, the production of hybrid seeds
can meet only 33 percent of the demand. The other 67 percent must be fed by
imports from China and India,” Ly mentioned.

A
survey of 17 firms within the north and the central coastal provinces found that
simplest Vina seed and Thai Binh Seed have modern drying, processing and
packaging programs. Vina seed can produce 30,000 lots of rice seeds a 12
months, while Thai Binh Seeds 15,000 tons.

The
prime quality machines are imported from Germany and Denmark.

The export turnover is about $3 billion a year, while the cost is up to $2.9 billion

Vietnam
can keep an eye on up to 70.five % of seed production technology, with 90 p.c
for purebred rice and 66 p.c for hybrid rice.

The
majority of different companies run with simple drying, processing and
packaging machine, churning out 5,000-7,000 lots a year.

At
the assembly with agricultural scientists held just lately by means of the
Ministry of Agriculture & Rural Development (MARD), Prof Tran Dinh Long,
chair of the Vietnam Seed Association, mentioned Vietnamese are proud to be a
large exporter of 12 farm produce items. However, Vietnamese can best pocket a
modest amount of cash.

“The
export turnover is about $3 billion a year, while the cost is up to $2.9
billion,” he said, including that the cash is spent on insecticides,
fertilizers and seeds.

Scientists
have instructed acceleration of the protection of plant varieties, considering
this crucial way to assist broaden new sorts.

According
to MARD, vegetable & fruit exports brought $1.7 billion within the first
six months of 2017, making up 18.6 p.c of total value of main farm export
pieces, surpassing rice to become the second greatest farm export merchandise,
simply in the back of espresso.

However,
in line with the Plant Variety Protection Office (PVPO), in 2004-2016, the
number of applications for plant protection titles in the sector just accounted
for 13.7 percent of total programs, including the applications from
international topics.

The
similar scenario will also be seen within the espresso industry.

PVPO
mentioned there were simplest 15 programs for defense for plant sorts which do
not belong to the gang together with rice, maize, short-term commercial crops,
vegetables, vegetation and fruit.



Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *